“Let your name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth’s sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won.” — Louisa May Alcott
Define Who You Are and Do it On Purpose.
In today’s era of globalization and modernization consumers are offered an inexhaustible amount of opportunities for spending their money. Companies like BMW, Amazon, Apple, Reebok, Zappos, and many bricks and mortar businesses have reached new heights of success because they constantly work on customer satisfaction.In today’s era of globalization and modernization consumers are offered an inexhaustible amount of opportunities for spending their money. Companies like BMW, Amazon, Apple, Reebok, Zappos, and many bricks and mortar businesses have reached new heights of success because they constantly work on customer satisfaction.
Prior to defining yourself, you ought to know who you really are. In order to do so, act more than you ask! Your actions will delineate and define you in a much better way. The point is, in this highly competitive market you have to stand unique and justify your business, your company, your product, and most importantly, you!
I want you to seek answers of following questions:
- How do I set myself apart from the rest?
- How do I convince potential customers to choose my business, my products, and my services over the other options available in the market?
- How do I distinguish in what feels like an overwhelming sea of sameness?
Ponder over these questions with utmost sincerity, and try to come with an answer so substantial that you don’t have to look back, ever. With all the experience I’ve acquired in my business life, I can assure you that the very first step towards running a successful business and generating massive wealth is “the purpose”.
Your ethics, decisions, and ultimate actions are important for your business, no arguments there. But the most significant rather crucial aspect for your business’ growth is the purpose, as to why you made the decision. Your company’s purpose, the reason you are in business, is your unique selling point.
What’s Your why?
A substantial purpose not only allows the customers to feel emotionally connected to your business but also gives motivation to your entire staff, including you. If not for a definitive purpose, the focus doesn’t sit right with the team and the business veers off its path as it grows hence it begins to lose sight of its original goals and intentions.
Identify and Define the Purpose of the Company
To comprehend your company’s association or movement is like peeling back the layers of an onion. You ought to go beyond the surface to attain clarity on what really matters and what doesn’t. Once you’re able to do this, you will open the doors and inspire anyone and everyone who comes in contact with your business. You’ll drive massive results and the business growth of your company will be unprecedented.
Defining the purpose of your company can be accomplished in four steps.
- Acknowledge Your Personal Purpose – Now, you have to understand that before sorting out your professional priorities, your personal life should be straight and together. The personal purpose is something that you consider important on an individual level. Not only should they top your priority list but these concerns are supposed to be one of the prime reasons behind the decisions you make on daily basis. Evaluating what you consider as your purpose in life allows you to get acquainted with what you desire to accomplish through your business and the work you do every day.
Again ask yourselves a set of questions:
- What inspires me to get up in the morning?
- What motivates me to do the work I do?
- What change do I want to create in the world?
- How can I give back to the community?
- Justify Your Core Values – Once your priority list is well defined in your mind you have got to have justified core values, for they are the set of principles that reflect what’s truly important to you. Many self-proclaimed experts believe that they very well understand their own values, but I beg to differ. I reckon you won’t know your priorities until you have done a couple of things.
Articulated them clearly in writing.
Tested them through your daily decision-making process.
The way you make your decisions, way you treat your people, and the way you function on a daily basis are your values. Your personal core values don’t have to necessarily replicate anyone else’s. They help you to establish a happy and professional culture within your office and your life. Once you’ve acquired all the answers on a personal level, try and work out those values into a business mindset.
Often business owners give the green light to friendships, relationships, and business partnerships by the virtue of their personal core values. Your core values also help you a great deal in managing your personal resources such as time and capital. If you genuinely care for the cause, you try to optimize all aspects of the goal to where it takes on a life of its own to a point that you most likely will not have to get involved.
Your core values should be both rigid and flexible at the same time. Rigid as in you shouldn’t compromise with them for any reason whatsoever and flexible as in always keeping room for improvisation.
- Craft a Reference Point – Your reference point is one of the significant elements in the process of creating massive wealth. This is crucial for helping you define the language and tone of your business and connect with your customers. Your reference point is one of the significant elements in the process of creating massive wealth. This is crucial for helping you define the language and tone of your business and connect with your customers.
What are your customers’ worldviews?
What do they care about? How do they speak about their lives, and what types of words do they use to describe them?
Create a reference point and you’d get to know the answers to many such questions. Many businesses do not give sufficient consideration and put enough effort into these questions, and that is one of the prominent reasons as to why they fail to grow as a company and have a poor reach to their audience due to inefficient engaging. Decide what you consider most important, for example, is it success or integrity, and determine whether you and your customer would define those things the exact same way and with the same intentions.
- Focus on the Big Picture – While it is important to improve every day, I recommend you to focus on the long-term goals. The big picture is about attaining clarity on your future ventures, projects, and investments. In order to do so, you should analyze past results and future projections.To what extent are you willing to grind in order to shine six months later? What stories emerge from these considerations? What message do you intend on sending out into the world? Always remember, your business, your company, and your life are all messages to the world. Make sure you’ve built an inspiring one. When you’re capable of looking at your purpose, core values, and reference points and see the picture they generate, and it makes you feel that yes, my efforts are worth it, you are efficiently progressing the right way.Once you have determined your company’s movement, its associations, and its deliberations, the next step is reaching out to this information and message to clients and potential customers in a meaningful and effective way.
Channelize the Online Communication
Your purpose, your vision, your mission and your goals will be limited to you unless you’re a medium to deliver them to the world. The online portals, social media platforms, and the internet as a whole is the companion for your business. Google cares immensely for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It will guide potential customers to your doorstep provided you are visible to them on the worldwide net.
Meaning? An online presence is now the fastest, efficient, and easiest way to promote and advertise your business. If you follow a thoughtful and thorough process, the results can be ridiculously amazing, whatever you do. Products and services you create will reach your potential customers and will have enormous, positive impact on your business. This book isn’t about just telling you what to do, rather I will walk you through the “how to do it” part as well. Having said that, let’s discuss how you can channel your online presence.
- Craft a Robust Manifesto – Your company’s viewpoints should be shared with your existing customers and potential clients to let them know what you are up to, and a substantial manifesto ensures that. It not only draws the client’s attention to what your company does, but it also highlights the reasons behind the work you do, i.e. Your Purpose!Your manifesto should be so astonishing that it will grow on every reader as they read it; it should instantly grab their attention. If you don’t reckon you can expressively present what needs to be delivered, you can always seek some assistance from experts, they’ll help you reach your clients in a better way and ensure the growth of your online presence.
- Reiterate Your Purpose – Reiterating your purpose while communicating online is as crucial as it gets. Be it blog posts, news articles, press releases, or any other content keep reminding the readers about your company’s purpose. This will keep their emotional contentment intact for you.You can publish stories of clients or information in the news that epitomize the motivation behind, or the impact of, your decision. Ultimately, this will result in potential clients associating with your purpose and your present customers linking the very purpose with your product, which adds immense validity and credibility to your business, connects people in a better way, and moves you from being looked as a regular commodity to becoming what is called a “category of one.” Yes, that’s the power of the Internet and that’s exactly what you need to attain success in your business.
If you wish to seek massive wealth than you have to present yourself as a BRAND not a COMMODITY.
- Engage Audience through Social Media – Social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Google+ amongst others have been proving their dominance for a while now. The fact that it’s addictive is the very reason it is amazingly engaging.Connecting with people and educating them on what you believe in has become easier than you could ever imagine. Post stories, achievements, motivational tips, inspiring quotes, pictures, or even thought-provoking comments or questions, and invite others to share their opinions and comments with you. This is very important to grow a business.
- Push your limits – Expand Your Horizons – There are countless methods to outreach people, to land the audience, and make them your clients. Truth be told, you don’t need all of them but the right ones however you do need. Keep on learning the tactics to connect with customers beyond traditional, commercial-based methods. Optimize every move of yours. Every business is different in what works for them so you will have to try many different methods until you find the one that works best for your particular service or product sales.Speak at conventions. Motivational speakers influence people a great deal. Publish your articles online.Quality articles with synchronized link building can increase your website views. Participate in online panels. Make instructional videos for the targeted audience. Write e-books and tutorials for your clients.You, as a business person, an entrepreneur, even as a common man/woman have to exhaust your options and find creative and luring ways to move ahead of the office cubical and enlighten the world with your ideas, what you stand for. History is evident that ideas that matter can spread like wildfire, provided you offer them an optimized medium and let them out of your head to put them on the internet.If your clients care about you, you are one step ahead of being called a commodity and one step closer to being considered a brand. That, my friends, is one giant step. Defining the purpose of your company and doing what you stand for is one of the most recommendable ways to do it, perhaps the only way.
A purpose that is not only definitive but relatable will give you and your team an inspiration and it will offer your clients a new mindset of your mission, vision, values, ethics, and relevance. Show them what you care about and exhibit a commitment to those ideals, and before you know it your business will grow, the massive wealth will follow and you will see yourself as a successful person.