“Digital marketing can flip the revenue and reputation of any business. The flip, however, might be in your favor, might be not. It totally depends on how you manage your digital marketing strategies.”
Digital marketing has grown exponentially in past few years. Business owners have begun to realize the importance of SEO, they’re embracing it and this move has channelized an access to millions of potential customers. However, there’s a lot to learn, to improve and to implement.
Often Business owners find it difficult to keep up with constantly changing trends in SEO. They tend to commit such online marketing mistakes that can cost a fortune.
Here’s the list of 5 digital marketing mistakes that you should be aware of and aim to avoid at any cost –
1. Poor website structure – Not designing an ergonomic website is the most repeated and lamest mistakes business owners make. This not only leads them to lose hundreds of potential customers but adversely affect the name of their company.
The website filled with bugs, irresponsive functions or tools, below average content quality and inconsistent updates can degrade your reputation among your costumers. The unsynchronized website reflects the owner’s perspective towards his business.
And if you think a customer is patient enough to wait for your web page to load, you’re mistaken, my friend. The customer moves to your competitor’s website. So whatever you do, you got to ensure that your website is ergonomic in nature.
2. Lack of presence in the digital world when it comes to service category – To explain this point, let’s give you an example of automotive industry. In the worlds of fast cars and heavy trucks, spare parts and service generate 54 per cent of an average automotive dealer’s net profit, according to National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).
Despite this, many automotive dealers give not more than 3 percent share of voice in their websites. Owing to this mismanagement, not only dealers lose out USD 225 billion in lost market share every calendar year, but over 225,000 local customers too.
So, you can see for yourself it is rather important to value the additional services that are being demanded by your target audience and more importantly you’ve to optimize the ratio of its content while marketing your products.
3. Overutilization or underutilization of focused keywords – Well yes, focused keywords help you in improving the website ranking, but it is not a wise decision to spam keywords in your content, it is rather impulsive and absurd.
Excessive use of keywords or over optimizing may get you penalized. Contrary to this popular mistake, people commit another blunder of completely depriving the web page of any keyword at all. This is a bad SEO practice because if your site doesn’t have what people are looking for, Google won’t acknowledge it.
It is quite essential for you to understand that the optimization of a keyword will generate traffic on your website. So, don’t just stuff anything you like – research well, comprehend what people are actually searching for and give them what they need.
4. Undermining video advertisements – the Internet has taken its toll on TV viewing. While the number of viewers of the internet rose from 2.94 billion to 3.17 billion in last one year, the latter has witnessed a steep downfall of 20 percent among millennial viewers. (People aged from 18 to 24). 52 per cent customers say that watching an ad for a product or service makes them confident about buying it.
The modern digital world runs on the principle of presentation, video ads are a powerful, cost effective and result oriented medium to channelize the demands of customers, no wonder why video advertising is recommended by 72 per cent of marketing agencies. Many business owners attempt to increase their sales by using outdated SEO techniques (needless to say, they completely neglect the video ads).
Given the stats and statistics, it is quite safe to say that evolution of advertisements has already begun and it is up to you how do you channelize it?
5. Undervaluing customer feedback – It often happens that a customer suggests a website owner who also happens to run a business a trick or two to enhance his website’s performance and he doesn’t pay much heat to it.
What’s wrong in considering the advice? For example, a well experienced and knowledgeable person, who is expert in market trends advises you to offer some special discount to on the occasion of New Year’s Eve, and you put up some discount on a certain section of furniture, chances are you might start your new year with booming sales.
Also, one of the most famous rules of digital marketing “Opportunities come by listening not by talking.”
These 5 blunders are not at all healthy for your business, period. But kudos to professionals, who not only understand the Google’s algorithm but they can customize their help for your special needs. Don’t be skeptical about their efficacy, they’ve been trained in this field. Trust them with your website and see the blooming results. The reason why a professional’s assistance is recommended is because they can drive the results you desire.