Are you among the majority of people who are not passionate about their work and who are looking forward to the weekend on Mondays? Would you like to have, like some people, the dream job?
So read this article!
Given the time spent at the workplace, it is better to appreciate one’s job than to do tasks that one does not like because to be efficient and productive, one needs motivation, stimulation, and passion. If not, how to continue working for the next 10, 20 or 30 years? I’m going to help you think about how to get the job of your dreams.
What’s the dream job? It is to be in one’s place and to have an existence that makes sense. When you find your way, your activities flourish and you contribute to others by offering them the richness of your potential and your talents.
You think that exercising a dream job is a privilege and you say to yourself:
- You do not have to like your job to do it right.
- Few people make a living by exercising their passion.
These are myths that prevent you from evolving in your career and getting a job that will fulfill your aspirations. Most of us do:
- the same as their parents.
- the job that our parents wanted for us.
- the first job that came up to make a living.
But you have gifts/talents that you do not use and there is surely one that is full of potential and that demands that you let it fully exist because it will make your life more joyful, more exciting and more exhilarating!
So, do not you want to change your life, to know what you really do and get up every morning with the feeling of being in your place and having a meaningful existence?
The bad news is that without a change in your life, nothing will change! And here, I hear you already say:
- I do not know what is the job of my dreams. Just this article will give you the instructions.
- I do not have the skills to get the job of my dreams. Today, yes maybe. But tomorrow with all the information and training that exists, you can develop your skills and knowledge.
- I do not have time. A professional project is built step by step. The whole thing is to start and then, you will only think about it and the more you will find the time and the faster you will advance.
- I’m afraid of failing. If you do not try, you will not know and you will surely miss the chance to blossom into a job that gives you satisfaction surely greater than your current job.
So, are you convinced? If the answer is yes, now you say, “Okay, but how do I do it? “
Reflect on the dream job.
It’s difficult to get this project up and running in your daily whirlwind. The first step is to ask yourself to connect to your “essential self ” and think about what you really want.
Action: Schedule in your schedule a moment for yourself to take the time to ask yourself real questions to get in touch with your inner child because he never stopped talking to you but over time you ended up no longer listen.
When you are ready for this moment, relax and relax in peace and let your mind wander.
Are you ready?
Action: Take a piece of paper and write everything that comes to mind in response to these questions:
- What is important to me?
- What will I like my life to look like?
- What makes me thrill and passionate?
- What would I be willing to do even if I was not paid to do it?
- What makes me really happy?
- What do you know you want to do?
To help you: it is when we do in a concentrated way a freely chosen activity that does not bother us, of which we never get tired and which is accompanied by a loss of the notion of time, we forget ourselves in this activity! One is never tired of this activity which is directed towards a specific goal.
List on a sheet of paper the activities you like to do, those for which you would be willing to devote your time even without remuneration in return. This will allow you to rediscover the passions that are buried and to return to meet your childhood dreams and achieve what is good for you.
The job of your dreams corresponds to the activities you like to do or that you would like to do, to real passions. Do not worry for the moment about how or bills to pay!
When you have listed your dreams, how do you feel? Are not you excited to create the job of your dreams? It is a feeling that you must remember and that will help you stay motivated every time you think about the realization of your project.
Why do the dream job
The second step in your reflection will be to determine your WHY.
- What is the purpose of my dream job?
- What is my deep motivation?
This is a stage on which it is important to devote time to find deep inside all that the job of his dreams will bring us.
This clarification will help you to realize your professional project or to answer the questions in recruitment interview or to explain to your entourage the reasons for which you wish to change of work.
Action: write your “why”.
Define the dream job
Now that you have listed what you would like to do and why you will be able to define your dream job?
You are still in: What is the job or activity of my dreams? Do not let your left brain pollute your mind and tell you: I lack skills, how I’m going to find this job, it’s not for me … Do not be overwhelmed by your limiting beliefs.
Action: Write on your sheet:
What you want to do a job or what kind of job?
Determine if it is a salaried job or if it is an independent activity.
Employee dream job :
- Full-time or part-time
- What schedules?
- What functions?
- In which sector of activity would you like to work?
- In what type of business? Multinational, SME, TPE, Start-Up, a family business?
- Where would you like to work: in the city center, in a specific activity area, near your home …
- Describe what kind of colleagues and supervisors you want
Independent dream job
- Describe the activity you wish to do
- Which targets, which customers?
- What products or services?
Realize the dream job
From now on, you have clarified your professional project and the next step will be to realize the realization of the job of your dreams by implementing an action plan that will make it possible.
- Is it a professional reconversion?
- Is this a new position in a new company?
- What should I do to acquire the necessary skills?
- Can I bring added value to the market?
To help you, you can:
Ask for a skills report: this inventory is a tool to see more clearly and develop your project. You can take stock if you are looking for a job or an employee.
Ask for a professional training. Their role is to support, inform and guide employees but also to finance professional projects.
Visualize the dream job
See a very powerful exercise that will help you achieve the job of your dreams. It’s about creating a vision board and using creative visualization to create your desires.
The vision board is a painting on which you will stick all the pictures that represent the job of your dreams.
Creative visualization is simply the act of visualizing mental images of what you want in your mind and visualizing yourself inside these images. These images will trigger strong positive emotions (joy, happiness, enthusiasm …) and allow you to send messages to your subconscious to create what you want.
Realize your vision chart :
- Buy a large frame or take A4 size paper
- Highlighters and markers of different colors.
- Stick glue.
- Look for pictures on google pictures representing everything that is related to your dream job. You can also find pictures in magazines.
Now that you have all the necessary elements, you will move on to creating your vision board.
- Cut out each photo.
- Take your frame or assemble two or four drawing sheets with tape.
- Lay your vision board on the floor or on a table.
- Arrange the photos on your board. and do not paste anything for now.
- Position your photos until you get your ideal.
- You can also put a picture of you to give even more power to creative visualization.
- When you have finalized your vision board, you can paste all the pictures.
- Then take felt pens of different colors and write your beliefs on your vision board.
- You can also write positive affirmations I give the best of myself in my work and I love what I do I do a job that I like, with people I love Many customers use my services I attract the ideal job in my life, now! I attract success in my life right now I am doing everything I do.
The final step to use your vision board.
- Hang your vision board in your room or in a visible place all the time.
- Every day, morning and evening, relax and watch your painting for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Soak up this image, get up and fall asleep with her.
- Continue every day until you can see this picture by simply closing your eyes.
Changing your job or business to get your dream job is a worthwhile process to flourish in your job.