Everyone has sufficient knowledge around meditation and I believe there is no dispute or confusion that there are several benefits of meditation. We have all know answers to questions like —
- What is meditation?
It is thoughtless awareness. Those who are in confusion can refer — http://www.freemeditation.com/meditation-basics/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation.
- What are the benefits of meditation?
I believe the only benefit of meditation is awareness. And all other benefits are just the consequences of awareness. And these consequences are hundreds, if not thousands. You can know about them in details at http://www.artofliving.org/meditation/meditation-for-you/benefits-of-meditation, http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/2008/05/100-benefits-of-meditation/, and http://www.highexistence.com/26-scientifically-proven-superhuman-benefits-of-meditation/
- How to do meditation?
Again, there is lots of stuff around how to do meditation. Like – http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate, http://www.freemeditation.com/meditation-basics/meditation-tips-for-beginners/ and there is a great Youtube video
My point in this post is not to tell you about meditation and its techniques, but my point is to tell you that if you are in trouble, mentally frustrated, physically weak, and economically broke out, then… Meditation is the first step towards recovery and going beyond it.
What is the truth around it?
Well, in order to understand how meditation could be the first step towards, we need to understand ourselves. Do you know we human beings have 3 main divisions? These are —
Everything in the universe has body, even empty space to have somebody no matter it is empty. This body is in space. Every living thing and non-living have a body, but only living things have souls. Every living thing that includes plants, animals, and microscopic organisms. Every living being has a soul. Most animals have minds, but plants don’t. We human being have all three with one unique advantage that we have a super mind in comparison to the mind of any other living creature. Most animals have some or other technical or developed organs where they are ahead of human, but the human has brains, the mind which outcasts all benefits of animals over humans. To be more specific. The mind is a combination of brain and thoughts. The brain is the hardware and thoughts are the software. Both combined makes mind.
Now, spirituality says. The soul is one, the soul is pure, the soul is the ultimate god within us. And that seems very true to even scientists. There is absolutely no flaw in the soul. The body is the body, it has nothing concerned with the general problems of life. The main problem lies in the mind. Problems begin when the mind goes in the wrong direction, and it is easy and very, very frequent for a mind to pick the wrong direction.
The human mind works in a definite way, we have to understand it in order to take the maximum utilization of it. There are a number of mental capabilities which we need to know and enhance. There are also several weaknesses of mind which we have to work upon. I know that you are thinking that another hectic work of understanding human mind is required to do in order to make our life better. Yes, it is true. But we are lucky enough that our mind is so powerful that we can pick a very short path during understanding the human mind and our mind it will take us to the right direction. Let me explain–
The human mind can be seen as combination of following broad capabilities (mental faculties) —
- Visualization — The capability to create images / visual diagram of anything we could think of. I believe this is the unique capability of human beings only.
- Psyche — The ability to connect the human mind with physical objects and other minds, and doing things using that connection. I believe this is not unique to human beings, animals also have psychic ability.
- Perception — How we perceive things around us. How we see/take things around us. It is about seeing half water in glass and half empty.
- Intuition — I believe everyone has got intuition working all the time, and the only thing we require is to recognize it and enhance it. Most of the time we got unintentional glimpses and we cross check ourselves to do something or not, these very light glimpses comes from our intuitions. For example — Today, while I was about to leave home to the office, I saw data card (dongle) on my table, a usual thing. A glimpse hit my mind that I should take it to the office today (for no reasons). I gave a second thought and I said… oh, what is the use of this dongle in my office we have super good internet connections there? And when I reach the office, I found that connection is gone, and I have to do some urgent thing. We have to learn those unintentional minute glimpses (hunches) which hit our mind time and again. This is intuition.
- Will Power — Willpower comes from our mind and not from our heart. It comes from how strict we take our goals.
- Reasoning — I believe human beings are blessed with another super good capabilities of reasoning.
- Memory — The ability to remember things. Just to tell you, women have a higher memory than men do, at least women use it more than men.
Now, these 7 mental faculties make and lead everything else. How we think, what we take serious and lightly, what we keep, what we understand, what we see in our minds, how clearly we see it, and how we behave, we act and we take life. We need to work upon just these 7 mental faculties are we’ll be able to win the world.
Must Watch: Meditation The Ultimate Solution for All Problems in Life
Meditation is the source of energy to these mental faculties. Meditation is like food for all of them. Meditation is the nutrition to all human mind as a whole. Meditation helps these capabilities to grow further, and the faculties like psyche, intuition and visualization is directly connected to the cosmic world and our own soul. Once we came to know about the cosmic world and our own soul using enhanced mental faculties we reach the state of consciousness. And consciousness is the solution to everything.
Here my intention is not to tell you that you do meditation and achieve the consciousness. For sure you please do it, but my intention is to tell you that whenever you stuck in any problematic situation in life and don’t know where to start then answer will always be… the meditation.
Meditation starts making you relax from the very point of time you start doing meditation. It helps your fears, and negative thoughts keep away and fill yourself with a new positive energy. You take a little break from the storm in your mind and that will give a chance to look at the positive side. Your strengthened perception power will start looking at the situation from a different angle. And your reasoning capabilities will support it. And that will trigger a loop of positive thoughts and soon you’ll be in control of the situation. I’ll talk more about it in coming posts, please leave your comments below.